Paddington Family Practice has been chosen to be part of the Pfizer vaccination roll-out. We are expecting our first doses to arrive in early August.
We will NOT be opening booking for Pfizer vaccination until the vaccination arrives, however we are allowing eligible patients of the practice the ability to reserve a vaccination from Monday 19th July.
Current eligibility criteria for the Pfizer vaccine;
1. All adults aged 40-59
2. People aged 16-39 years who are:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- NDIS participants and carers of NDIS participants
- People diagnosed with a disability attending centre-based services such as day programs or supported employment
- Carers of a person with a disability or an elderly person
- Living with an underlying medical condition that increases their risk of severe COVID-19 (see ATAGI clinical guidance)
- Residents and staff of disability group homes
- Critical and high risk workers including defence, police, fire, emergency services and meat processing
- Health, aged or disability care workers including administrative staff in health care settings
- Quarantine and border workers and their household contacts
Here is a link to the vaccine eligibility declaration form. The form can be found on the eligibility checker and is to be completed by people confirming they meet the above critera if they do not have other proof.
4. People aged 16 and above (with no upper age limit) who are:
resident or staff of an aged care home
5. People aged 60 and above with a contraindication to the AZ vaccine including a past history of cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST), heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT), idiopathic splanchnic (mesenteric, portal, splenic) vein thrombosis or antiphospholipid syndrome with thrombosis
When you have reserved a vaccine you will receive an SMS invitation to book your vaccine appointment as soon as stock becomes available. You will have 24 hours to book your vaccine appointment after receiving you SMS invitation, before the reserved vaccine is offered to another patient. If you don't book you appointment within 24 hours, you will need to rejoin the reservation list.
Our reception team is unfortunately unable to access or manage the Reservation list, so they will NOT be able to assist you to rejoin or change your position on the Reservation List.
Please note: Families wishing to reserve vaccines for multiple eligible family members must join the Reservation List individually for each family member.
Unfortunately, non-medicare card holders can not access a covid vaccine at PFP. They can still access the vaccination for free at any public vaccination sites.